2 -4 weeks out from your move
Have You Discontinued or Redirected These Services?
- Newspaper delivery
- Telephone/Internet lines
- Sky/Pay TV
- Gas and electricity
- The post office for redirection of mail
- Your bank (to transfer your account)
- The electoral registrar
- Hire purchase company
- Your insurance company (house, cars, life, health…)
- Obtained your children’s school records?
- Stores – where you have charge accounts
- Relatives, friends and regular correspondents
- Club memberships and Publications to which you subscribe
If storing your household goods
The following articles are classified as DANGEROUS GOODS. They cannot be stored:
- Any flammable materials or liquids: ammunition, paint, linseed oil, turpentine, kerosene, petrol, bbq gas, cleaning fluids and aerosols of any kind.
- Perishable foods cannot be stored: cereals, flour, vegetables, meat, fish…
1-2 days prior to the move
Preparing for your removalists
- Furniture – remove cobwebs, dust, please do not polish or oil furniture.
- Fridges & freezers – empty, clean, dry and secure the chords.
- Washing machines – disconnect, drain, dry and secure according to the manufacturers’ instructions. Please put the hoses inside the machine.
- Tools – sheathe saws, axes, forks, picks etc. Tape items into manageable bundles.
- Paint, chemicals and unemptied gas bottles – we cannot move these.
- Plants – do not water for short moves. Remove mulch and pebbles. For ceramic or concrete pots over 500mm high or wide, remove plant, place plant in hessian bag and secure the top of the bag.
- Access – trim or tie back trees that overhang your driveway to enable free access for our trucks; remove moss and mould from paths and steps.
Prior to your move
- Advise neighbours if their access is to be affected.
- If our removalists are unable to park on your property, secure a suitable loading area as close as possible to your house – 3 to 5 parking spots if possible.
- Check your insurance to ensure that your belonging are protected whilst in transit.
Packing your house
On Moving day
- Have a large and small box open and ready for any items left lying around
- Pack yourself a survival kit with first aid kit, toiletries, tea, coffee, milk, snacks, cups and other drinks
- Be sure there is someone at the pickup address.
- Walk around the house with our removalists to show them exactly what you want done.
- Pack yourself a survival kit with toiletries, tea, coffee, milk and other drinks.
- Collect all house keys.
- At the end of the load up, check all cupboards and storage areas (inside and outside) to ensure everything needed has gone into the truck.
At your new house
- Be sure there is someone at the pickup address to direct traffic.
- Be available to advise your removalist where you would like your possessions placed
- Check that gas, electricity, water and telephone are connected.
- Turn on hot water system.
- Ensure your pets are safe and out of the way of our removalists.
- Have our removalists place heavy furniture in the room and the position you prefer.
- If unpacking Slice tape on boxes with a knife – damaged boxes are not refundable
- Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee / pour yourself a drink, relax and congratulate yourself on the choice of relax&move for a stress-free move!
- Order a takeaway and enjoy your new home!
- And if you could, when you find time to jump onto your laptop, phone or computer please consider leaving a review on your experience with relax&move on Facebook, Product Review or Google+